1977 Royal Silver Jubilee - Queen Elizabeth II
In 1977 The Queen's Silver Jubilee was marked with celebrations at every level throughout the country and Commonwealth.

The actual anniversary of The Queen's accession on 6 February 1952 was commemorated in church services throughout that month. The Queen spent the anniversary weekend at Windsor with her family and the full jubilee celebrations began in the summer of 1977.

On 4 May at the Palace of Westminster both Houses of Parliament presented loyal addresses to The Queen, who in her reply stressed that the keynote of the jubilee was to be the unity of the nation.

The climax of the national celebrations came in early June. On the evening of Monday 6 June, The Queen lit a bonfire beacon at Windsor which started a chain of beacons across the country. On Tuesday 7 June, vast crowds saw The Queen drive in the Gold State Coach to St Paul's Cathedral for a Service of Thanksgiving attended by heads of state from around the world and former prime ministers of the UK.
Viewing page 9 :: Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13


44
?
no back
label
Brewed for: General Circulation

Standard Nip - Silver Foil Top, Embossed with Crown
1 bottle for sale.

Bottle:
Very Good
Label:
Excellent
Top:
Very Good
45
Believed to be traceable back to the mid 17th Century this brewery came into the hands of the Randall family in 1868. It has brewed continuously since that time apart for a period during German occupation of the Channel Islands in the Second World War under control of the same family. Taken over at the beginning of April 2006.

http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/brewery/188
no back
label
Brewed for: General Circulation

Standard Half Pint - Silver Foil Top, Embossed with Star Pattern
Bottle:
Good
Label:
Good
Top:
Slightly Torn
46
Believed to be traceable back to the mid 17th Century this brewery came into the hands of the Randall family in 1868. It has brewed continuously since that time apart for a period during German occupation of the Channel Islands in the Second World War under control of the same family. Taken over at the beginning of April 2006

http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/brewery/188
no back
label
Brewed for: General Circulation

Standard Half Pint - Gold Foil Top, Embossed with Star Pattern
Bottle:
Excellent
Label:
Good
Top:
Excellent
47
This brewery, now the longest established cask ale brewer in Essex, was founded in 1842. The brewery is still owned by the Ridley family. The brewery was taken over by Greene King in July 2005 and closed during the early autumn of 2005 with production of the brand being transferred to Greene King

http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/brewery/203
no back
label
Brewed for: General Circulation

Standard Half Pint - Blue Crown Cap
Same label design as Cook's
Bottle:
Good
Label:
Good
Top:
Good
Produced to accompany the above bottled beer.
48
no back
label
Brewed for: General Circulation

440ml Can
Although not printed on the can with a specific reference to the silver jubilee, the bearded man was printed in silver as opposed to cream and yellow on the standard can.

This particular example isbottom opened and empty. 1 bottle for sale.

Bottle:
Good
Label:
Good
Top:
Good
49
Brewing started in 1698, coming under the control of Samuel Shepherd in 1741, this brewery claims to be the oldest continuous brewery in the UK. Over the years the plant has been continuously updated with a new brewhouse being opened in 2000.

http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/brewery/501

Brewery Website: www.shepherd-neame.co.uk
no back
label
Brewed for: General Circulation

Standard Half Pint - Blue Crown Cap, Printed with Brewery Logo
1 bottle for sale.

Bottle:
Slightly Scuffed
Label:
Slightly Worn
Top:
Good
50
Opened in 1852. The brewery was taken over by Greenalls in 1978. The brewery was closed in 1991 and the brands were brewed by Allied at their Tetley Walker plant.

http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/brewery/728
no back
label
Brewed for: General Circulation

Standard Half Pint - Gold Crown Cap
Bottle:
Scuffed
Label:
Good
Top:
Slightly Scratched
51
J. P. Simpkiss and Son Ltd.
Following the sale of the Home Brewery, Joseph Paskin Simpkiss bought the Foley Arms at Silver End [between Brierley Hill and Amblecote] in 1921. Within four years he had increased production of beer to the rear of the pub to 145 barrels per week. In 1934 the brewery was rebuilt to the designs of son Dennis Simpkiss and it was even named the Dennis Brewery. A five quarter brewery, production of 40 barrels a day was now possible. The company acquired more pubs in which to sell the popular Simpkiss ales. In 1936 a bottling plant was installed at the Dennis Brewery and two years later the business was registered. Joseph Simpkiss died soon after this and Dennis Simpkiss took over the company. His son Jonathon Simpkiss would later lead the company which, in the 1970's, even had a kegging line installed by Ansell's. As managing director, Jonathon Simpkiss sold the Dennis Brewery in 1985 to Greenall Whitley in a cash a share deal worth 1.9m. Simpkiss beers were last produced in July 1985 and Greenall's demolished the brewery three years later. In July 2003 John Richards reported that Jonathon Simpkiss was a tax exile living on the Isle of Man.
Copyright Label images from Digital Photographic Images Brewery images from Staffordshire Past-Track and reproduced with kind permission.
no back
label
Brewed for: General Circulation

Standard Half Pint - Silver Foil Top'm Plain
Beware of forgeries! 1 bottle for sale.

Bottle:
Good
Label:
Good
Top:
Good
52
?
no back
label
Brewed for: General Circulation

Tall 11.5fl oz - Silver Foil Top, Plain

Numbered with Lettered Prefix (A028841), Limited Edition of ?

Facsimile Signature of J Cowman, the Head Brewer
2 bottles for sale.

Bottle:
Good
Label:
Good
Top:
Slightly Torn
Issued to accompany above bottled beer.
Issued to accompany the above bottled beer.
Viewing page 9 :: Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13
© 2006 to 2017 Tom Chapman.
Website designed by Matt Chapman.