Brewed for: The Blue Anchor, Helston, Cornwall.
Standard Half Pint - Gold Foil Top, Plain.
Limited Edition (un-numbered) of 600.
Facsimile Signature by Sid Cannon, the Head Brewer
Issued to accompany above bottled beer.
Although issued in 1981, it was not specifically printed with reference to the royal wedding, to prolong its shelf life!
The business of Buckley's Brewery started in 1767, when Henry Child (b. 1742) from Freystrop, Pembrokeshire, a prominent Methodist, started to brew beer in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire. He had come to Llanelli as estate agent for Sir Thomas Stepney (d. 1772) of Prendergast, near Haverfordwest, who owned a malthouse and a brewhouse. Child acquired the freehold of Felinfoel mill in Llanelli. The population increase caused his brewing business to flourish. The Rev. James Buckley (1770-1839) from Oldham, Lancashire, married Maria, the daughter of Henry Child, and developed the brewery. When he died, his second son, another James Buckley, managed the company. After his death in 1883, the business fell into the hands of his three sons, who from then on traded as the Buckley Brothers. In 1998, brewing ceased in Llanelli and the beer production moved to Cardiff. William Bythway worked as the clerk of James Buckley, and was interested in James Buckley's daughter.
Scope and content/abstract: Business records relating to Buckley's Brewery Limited, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, 1786-1975, mainly accounts, reports,
Brewed for: General Circulation.
Standard Half Pint - Silver Foil Top, Embossed with Star Pattern.